View Single Post
Old 08-14-2008, 11:24 AM
Administrator

Default Funky Exhibit Auctions

Posted By: Daniel

Hi All,

A member of the board brought this thread to my attention and I thought I should reply. There are 4 very strong buyers for PSA graded Exhibits right now. One of them happens to be someone I had been selling to privately and he has placed bids on many of those I have listed. He is an incredibly aggressive buyer. There is another bidder who has done business with me who is also bidding but I was not aware he was as interested in Exhibits as his bids reflect. Since yesterday I have been trying to figure out if he is affiliated with the consignor in some way due to an email I had received. I am not sure I will ever get a definite answer to that query.

I do not permit my consignors, if they have eBay accounts, to bid on their own auctions. This particular consignor, who does not have an eBay account, insisted on using incredibly high reserves thinking he was going to capture some of the recent activity around this issue since he had me selling these privately, ungraded, for a small fraction of what they bring on eBay. The reserves he has picked are not going to be met.

And finally, the author of this thread has done business with me and it would have been nice had he contacted me directly or at a very minimum titled his thread differently absent having more information. Also someone misstated that I have cards in 4's that are close to $2,000. That is not accurate.

Feel free to email me if you have any questions.

Daniel