Thread: Opinions please
View Single Post
Old 09-11-2008, 09:43 PM
Administrator

Default Opinions please

Posted By: Jodi Birkholm

I once had a customer commit in writing to spend $25,000 with me. He sent his payment in the form of three checks (as there was more than one transaction), then abruptly stopped payment. His excuse seemed slightly valid but certainly no less of a headache on this end.

Then there was the time when one collector kept chiseling me down on a piece. I knocked $200 off and we agreed on that. Then he demanded I kick in the S&H and insurance. Finally, it seems like we had a deal. Then, out of nowhere, he digs up the auction result from the company where I won the piece, and offers me a measly $100 more than I paid for the piece. His argument was that he "knew what [I] paid for it, so why should I pay so much more?". Perhaps because this is my source of income (and you're still getting a good deal)? I refused to budge, and he reluctantly sent the check out. While it was in the mail, he emails back and offers even less !!! You can imagine what I wanted to reply! Once again, the fellow agreed in writing to the price. The next morning, I receive an email from him stating that he has stopped payment and no longer wants the piece. Six months later, he asks if he can have it at the original price. I didn't even bother responding.

Long story short, the customer is not always right. I'm easy to deal with if you are!