View Single Post
Old 03-15-2008, 09:19 AM
Administrator

Default The Depression of 2008

Posted By: leon

Nowadays with inflation and the price of gas I had to put in my 4 cents instead of 2!! I have to agree with the group of 1. I think we will see some more softening in the mid to lower level collectibles. For what it's worth the fantastic items will continue to do well, imho. There just isn't enough supply of them and the folks spending 5 figures on 1 card aren't quite as affected....They are affected but it's not as life changing to them. America lives on credit too much and our National debt is a disaster. That coupled with the weakening dollar makes for a very poor economy. Almost daily I ask my wife, in somewhat amazement, how the people making 25k a yr with children can pay their bills? .....I have been harping on her about small stuff and yesterday I overheard her tell my 11 yr old that they didn't need to go cruising around as the cost would be $4 in gas just going to the store and back. I gave her a pat on the back for that one. I want her to be cognizant of money as I usually pay most of the bills so I can hide my card purchases and she doesn't see a lot of the family finances ....

edited typo