View Single Post
Old 09-21-2008, 09:07 AM
Administrator

Default Where is Rudy Giuliani When We Need Him?

Posted By: leon

As soon as we become a "major" auction house maybe this will continue to be the trend? From our home page: (note tooting of own horn)

"Bidding Records, Altering, Trust- Brockelman and Luckey Auctions keeps all bidding records in perpetuity. If an issue ever arises they can be audited. All BIDDING RECORDS WILL REMAIN CONFIDENTIAL UNLESS THERE IS AN ISSUE. If a record is disclosed it will be made known to 3rd party sources (only) for verification of bids and to ensure the integrity of the auction process. We want bidders and consignors to have 100% confidence in our process and these UNIQUE rules, we believe, will further that objective. Brockelman and Luckey Auctions will not alter any cards, or other items, or ever have anything other than authentication done to them. We feel there is more to lose than to gain in this area of the hobby."

and back to topic....I think it would be good for there to be a collector's association. I am not sure of the dynamics but I do think it would be a good thing if it could be done in a professional, hobby-impacting way....