View Single Post
Old 10-06-2008, 08:18 AM
Administrator

Default E90-1 Series Mystery solved?

Posted By: scott fandango

Ted, i know you are one of the most knowledgable people in regards to e90-1, so i fell honored to have this discussion with you...

i have been studying this series intensely over the past year or so, and i believe i may have something to add...

the specific color backgrounds and the central figure artwork may tell us the tale.....

many of the 3rd series cards "look" different then the first 2...maybe they hired a better artist, or improved their printing machines, but subtle differences are there.....

we already know that they added 5 horizontal cards to this issue, but they also added unique backgrounds.....

for instance, they added the bright yellow (mitchell) and added a detailed background "fence" in the Tris speaker...

i would like to add a few cards that may have been included in the third series...not only does artwork play into these observations, but Pop Reports AND past sales via VCP have been considered....

i believe Bliss, O'Conner, Gibson Back View, Richie (Boston), Leach (Throwing), Howell (Windup), Stone (left hand showing), were printed in the third series...

by addidng these names, it would give you 30 cards for the 3rd series...

one tricky one is Fromme...he was a Cinn Player, and one may assume he was included in the 3rd with all the other Cinn players, but the background, pose, pop report, and sales report, point to this card being in the 2nd series......Is it possible they included 1 Cinn player in the 2nd series?

more to come.....