View Single Post
Old 10-31-2008, 08:08 AM
Administrator

Default Was one worth the other

Posted By: dan mckee

Ah this is me! I won a $10 card from this guy. Read his feedback, all excellent except my comment. I didn't post anything here as I believe the board has enough of this crap on it already. Anyways, I pay him, he leaves feedback and I never receive the card. No package or anything. I write a million times and even called and talked to his Mother who was very nice and I left a message for him to call back. Now, 35 days later, no return email or phone call, I left feedback and filed a dispute through ebay. No response to the dispute, no communication whatsoever. So yes, I sent some very nasty emails to see if I could get any kind of response. I finally did just recently. He writes that he enjoyed keeping my $10 SWEET. And that I was welcome to defend myself on the board. It isn't the $10, it is the principle. I do not like being stolen from! No matter what the amount.

Now this all could have been avoided if he would have just wrote me and said he shipped it, showed me the white receipt from the post office with Freeland MD on it, and it is on me at that point for sending cash. I would have then paid again. But no communication at all and he was obviously ducking me. A 650 rating, all positive and I just don't get it.

Most of you know me and yes I wrote some things that were pretty nasty but hey, it did get me a response and this great post on the board!

In closing he wrote last night stating he wants to drop it by keeping my $10 and the card that as far as I am concerend, he never shipped. Or he can scan the receipt here or email me a scan and explain why you didn't write me back, call or respond to the ebay dispute, and we can have closure. Packages can get lost in the mail.

It could have been a goofy color variation so my guess is someone saw I won it and offered him more and he just thought by ignoring me that I would go away.

If he truly shipped it, why not just tell me that in the beginning?

Sincerely,
Dan Mckee