Thread: Vote!!!
View Single Post
Old 11-05-2008, 02:27 PM
Administrator

Default Vote!!!

Posted By: Bottom of the Ninth

What some here, and across the nation, are missing is that we are all people. The fact that we need to attack one another for a belief or a lack thereof is counterproductive. Why cant we all exist believing what works for us without feeling we need to attack or impose our beliefs on others? Our country has become polarized and anything but united and so much effort is placed on hating and fighting.

As a species we still seem unable to eliminate the bias as seeing people that are different than ourselves as evil or some kind of threat. I find that sad as a person who practices tolerance and is willing to look far beyond the surface.

I find it interesting in posts where some have qualified the religions of their friends or felt they had to. I understand why this was done but from my point of view I would simply state that I love my friends, who are people first. It is who they are that draws me to them not what religion they believe in or how devout they are. I care not what their political beliefs are or if they are gay or straight. Seems so narrow minded to view people in a way where we have to label them with these standards if in doing so it makes us more divisive.

Yesterday was a tremendous day for the US and the first time in 6 years I have felt there is actually hope for us a nation. I knew either candidate would have been a marked improvement over the administration that has ruled since 2000. Both men gave very moving speeches and if you are at all human you had to be touched by what was said. McCain acted with the class, selflessness and humbleness he has demonstrated throughout his career. Some of you may not like Obama but he is a natural leader and has a burdensome job ahead of him. He is compelling and intelligent and offers us a better future. I appreciate his willingness to serve the country and welcome his efforts. He will be the people's president and I suspect we will all be better off during his term.

Greg