Thread: Vote!!!
View Single Post
Old 11-05-2008, 07:16 PM
Administrator

Default Vote!!!

Posted By: Bob

For the first time in 50 years there isn't a Bush or Dole in elective office according to one commentator last night.
Jeff- A lot of really nice, intelligent, cultured and very personable Southerners voted for McCain; however, most of the more vocal haters went with McCain and Bible Spice also. Even McCain himself said he was sickened by the angry and venemous sentiments of some of his supporters, many whipped in to a frenzy by Governor Bullwinkle. One poll said that 20% of the McCain supporters in the South identified Obama's faith as "Muslim" and 16% stated he was a "terrorist." That's scary. Also scary is the fact that one of the two alleged conspirators to assasinate Obama and several African-Americans, was born and raised in West Helena, AR, my State. There are a lot of whackos and nut jobs out there who are haters and I pray that they keep their assault weapons in their basements and let Obama proceed with the huge task ahead. There is a New South which seems to never get mentioned and I get as bent out of shape about the stereotypes of Southerners as anyone down here, but when I saw some of the anti-Obama people spewing their hatred I couldn't help believe that some of them were the sons and daughters and grandsons and grandaughters of those people in the black and white films we have all seen deluging Blacks with fire hoses, beating them up (and worse) in the name of God, Christianity and Right. The South has traveled a distance but we are not yet where we need to be, (nor is the East, North or West for that matter).