Thread: Vote!!!
View Single Post
Old 11-05-2008, 10:47 PM
Administrator

Default Vote!!!

Posted By: DeanH3

OK, I don't like to get into political discussions but I must reply. Why is it if you vote yes on 8 then you are a hater? I don't get that. I voted yes on 8. I don't have anything against gay people. They can do whatever they want in the privacy of their own home. They already have the same rights as everybody else. I just don't want it called a "Marriage". That's just my opinion and belief. I was able to voice my opinion by voting. And the majority agreed. If the majority would have voted No, then I would live with it. Plus California already voted on this before, which it passed, and a court decided to overturn it. If that is the case, why vote? We voted again and guess what? It passed again. Guess what? It's going to go to court again. Why vote on this stuff if it's only going to keep going to court until a particular side gets their way.
Another flabergasting thing to me. California voted no to parental notification for an abortion on a minor. How in the world can somebody believe it's ok for a parent not to be notifed if there daughter goes to get an abortion. Teachers can't give a student a cough drop without a parental note yet that same kid can be sent off to get an abortion without the parent knowing. Yet California passes the proposition for better treatment of farm animals. I'm not against treating animals better but the chickens get treated better than kids do in California. When did we hop on board the crazy train around here.