View Single Post
Old 12-11-2008, 08:01 AM
Administrator

Default Are these Cobbs Trimmed?

Posted By: James Gallo

I just got back from this sale the cards went NUTS and it was all to ebay biddres and a few cobbs went to phone bidders. I didn't think those cobbs were trimmed so glad I didn't get them. I knew one of the Mattys was trimmed and it went for $600+.

Considering I spent 6+ hours looking over the cards I thought I had a good handle on the condition and value. My gut is that everything went for 70-80% of retail which is nuts considering there were probably more trimmed cards then I noticed and they were all raw.

This was a single owner collection that was passed down, so any trimming was done ages ago.

I also was not happy with the auctionieer. He kept VERY long counts which made it very hard to close on a lot regardless of if it was phone, floor or internet bidders.

I would say that probably only 10-15 card lots sold to floor bidders and most people didn't win more then 1 or 2.

I found it interesting that there were not a lot of odd cards with only a 2-3 ghost images and nothing totally nuts.

I will post more on the lot I won later as well as the details of the sale total as I kept track.

James G

Looking for 1915 Cracker Jacks and 1909-11 American Caramel E90-1.