View Single Post
Old 01-02-2009, 08:43 AM
Administrator

Default Baseball Card corruption

Posted By: leon

I think Marshall got his point across though a few paragraphs and punctuation would help the reading. I have similar stories of preferential treatment too. If anyone ever gets a chance ask Roger Neufeldt ( a very nice and active dealer) about his grading experiences. They weren't much different than Marshall's. On a similar situation I just submitted a bunch of cards to SGC.....I was very disheartened with some of the grades and, though I very rarely do it, some will be going to PSA for examination (sans holder of course). There is no freaking way that one particular, valuable card, is what they said. No way. I looked at several other SGC examples in 1-2 grades higher and I am positive (as positive as I can be in looking under magnification) that this card deserves a bump up in grade. I just don't think they will bump high value cards up that are in their own holders even when they deserve it, for the most part. I know there are exceptions but that would be my summation.....best regards

edited to add that since I posted another Steve (hi Steve F) chimed in but my first thought was towards WinPitcher...