View Single Post
Old 01-02-2009, 02:58 PM
Administrator

Default Baseball Card corruption

Posted By: leon

Cool....I do think we can have a good debate. Here are a few more points.

1. I beg to differ about this being miscut. If it's miscut then I wish all of my cards were. It's not 50/50 but I doubt it would get an MC qualifier.

2. If you look at his name on the obverse you will see it's not perfectly regsitered in the scan. In real life it is. If you can sort of extrapolate that degree of "fuzziness" and take it out of the equation, you would see this card has very nice registration. It's hard to tell on the scan. I don't know how Tony An. does it (hi Tony) but he gets the best darn scans I have ever seen happy.gif....

3. The chip on the lower corner probably ranges all the way up to a 40 in critiquing, but if not that, then definitely within a 30's range, imo. I think I could show some 40's, pretty easily, that have this much corner wear.

Here's another question. This card could very well get a bump up in grade if resubmitted. If this were a 15k card would I have the same chance of getting it bumped up? take care and best regards (I still consider the SGC guys friends and great graders, btw)