View Single Post
Old 01-09-2009, 08:11 AM
Administrator

Default What does it Really Mean at the end of the Day (PSA, JSA, ect..)

Posted By: Scott Mt. Joy

Well there are plenty of pros and cons with grading. For me I can say that I am back collecting because of it, because of grading my confort level buying cards online is totaly different. I no long feel like I am at the mercy of the dealers. I could not imagine buying $1000+ cards online without it. I will say that as I have gotten back and gotten to know certain issue I am now buy lots raw but I still slam them. Hey its how I like to collect.

On the con side I think the issue is much more related to high grade vintage and high profile cards like the Doyle. Hey whos going to waste the time to forge a $50 card, not many. But say the Doyle without error you have a $300 card, after adding the Nat'l you have a $50,000+ card now thats a crooks dream situation (a prefect storm), Ted's called it for a while. I do agree its a big shame on PSA for this (even more so them putting one in there new book) and hopefully they do the right thing (not holding my breath thou).

I am happy we have grading companies and while they can all get better, that can be said for every company in the world.