View Single Post
Old 01-09-2009, 08:17 PM
Administrator

Default Reselling on ebay so quickly?

Posted By: George L

Guys, how does everyone who adds to their prewar collection by buying on ebay feel about this scenario? I know on a personal level it seems a little ridiculous. Let me explain myself clearly. I am not referring to buying a $100 card and then re-auctioning that same card with a starting bid at 99 cents because you find later you don't need it or want some money to buy something else you need more.

I am referring to the buyer on ebay who buys something he feels at a "steal/bargain", receives it in the mail and lists the card the next day or within a few days for 50% higher than they just paid for it. Many times I will use ebay completed listings-besides other avenues to guage what a card typically sells for. When I see that same card listed for hundreds or thousands higher than it just sold for 5 or 6 days earlier, it seems ridiculous. I mean, I have NO PROBLEM with someone buying low and selling high if they are a speculator/investor..whatever..to each his own. But, atleast wait a month for it to be out of ebay's completed listings.

For example, person buys card on Monday for 1,000 dollars. Receives card that Thursday and lists the card the day he receives it on a buy it now for 1,800 dollars. If you purchased it on ebay and sold it at another site, then, maybe..but the same site, that you could see clear as day what was just paid for it less that a week earlier. As my friends and I say...show some couth! Is it just me that this annoys, anyone else out there?