View Single Post
Old 02-02-2009, 12:48 PM
Administrator

Default OT: Super Bowl Sunday

Posted By: Todd Schultz

Cy, the play was absolutely glossed over. You mean to tell me they went up in the booth, reviewed the replay angles available to them, called down to the field and told the ref to confirm the call, and we just missed it? No, the Steelers took a knee and that was it. We waited five minutes for the first half to end while they examined whether goonball crossed the goal line, but I guess it would have disrupted the flow of the game too much to look at that last Warner play.

I didn't say the Steeler O was not clutch, just the Steeler defense--the most overrated Super Bowl defense I've seen in years. And you may want to look at your math again. Take away the long pass to Fitz and Warner still threw for over 300, not 200 yards. How about an 8 play, 87 yard drive in under four minutes to start the quarter, all passes. Another 34 yards mid-quarter ruined by a holding call on Gandy. Then 65 to Larry, all when your defense needed to stiffen. Twenty more before the so-called fumble. And it wasn't just the fourth quarter--they gave up an 83 yard drive to start the second quarter too. In short, the great Steeler defense surrendered more points and more yards than the so-called mediocre Cardinal defense.