View Single Post
Old 02-04-2009, 10:49 AM
Administrator

Default submitting cards to PSA seeking the half-point bump

Posted By: macboube

For what it is worth, on my '55 AA's I recently did a same day on two cards that were new subs that I was hoping for 10's (both came back 9) and I had an appt. at 11am for drop off, and they turned it around in 2.5 hrs. while I went and had a nice long lunch. If you arrange in advance, it can be done qucikly with a low or reasonable volume submission. Of course you will pay a lot of $$$ for this service, as their price depends on the value of your sub. Fyi - I paid $250.00 per card which is just about their highest price as my two cards were two of the most valued in the set.

For reviews of 8's (and 9's), I have been submitting my 55 AA's in groups of 20 to 40 at a time. With turn arounds of 2 - 4 weeks and very reasonable pricing (I have a set price worked out). All I can say is I am extremely pleased with the results, many of which achieve half and full grade bumps making it very worthwhile in my opinion.

I still cannot believe Davillio only got 3 bumps out of an approx. 130 card review sub. That is by far way lower than anything I have experienced. Like he stated, it is likely easier to achieve bumps with postwar stuff.

Hope this assists you.

MacBoube