Thread: Things I hate
View Single Post
Old 02-22-2009, 05:11 PM
Administrator

Default Things I hate

Posted By: Bill Williams

Work Related:
1.) People at my station who ask for tidy wipe cause they got gas on their hands.(They're at the pumps people)

2.) People who come upto the counter to get Cigarettes, beer, etc, while talking on the cell phone. Hang the dang phone up for a minute and treat me like a human being, not some autonomous drone behind the counter.

3.) People from New Jersey who sit at the pump and honk because they don't know how to pump gas.

4.) Underage kids who come upto the counter and attempt to purchase beer/tobacco with their fake ID's Seriously, I can tell you printed it out on the computer.

5.) Underage kids who come upto the counter and attempt to purchase beer/tobacco with no ID then tell me "I buy cigarettes here everyday and they don't card me."

6.) The same kids who then go back to their card and send their older friend back into the store to buy said beer/cigarettes. I'm not an idiot. I know you're going to give it to a minor, I'm not selling to you either.

7.) People who want to fill their SUV's with 80 gallons of gas 30 seconds before closing.

8.) People who can't read the signs that say:

a.) Turn Your Car Off Before Fueling. (Are You Trying to blow us all up?)

b.) Stay at the pump while fueling. (It's not my fault that you got back into your car to smoke/talk on the phone/beat your kids. Don't expect me to pay for the 5 gallons of gas you spilled because the pump didn't shut off or you didn't have the nozzle in the car correctly)

c.) Do not talk on your cell phone while fueling (see note on a.)

d.) Don't smoke/light a cigarette while fueling (Are you a complete IDIOT?!?)

e.) All Pumps are Prepay. (Do you know how many people I see everyday? Unless your a 20-something female with a great body, I probably don't remember you. Besides those signs have been up there for over 5 years. If you came in everyday you'd have seen them by now, and don't use the excuse that only young kids drive off. 90% of the people who drove off before we implemented the policy were over 50 years of age and male.)

9.) People with No Handicap Sticker/Placard who use the Handicap pump. (Mental Handicaps don't count here people.)

10.) People with No Handicap Sticker/Placard who use the Handicap pump and expect me to come out and pump their gas. (Keep honking buddy)

11.) If you're going to ask for directions be nice about it. I know this area well. There are places you don't want to end up.

12.) No we don't have a public restroom. No we aren't required by law to provide one. Yes there are cameras all over the parking lot. No you can't pee behind the dumpster.

13.) It's after 1 AM. I don't care if you tell me I can keep the change from a 20 for a 6-Pack, you're not getting beer.

14.) We keep less than $100 in the drawer after dark. No I can't cash your $500 winning lottery ticket.

15.) I have no control over the price of Gas, Cigarettes, Beer. I know you don't get paid like a prince, (neither do I.), No I don't see you coming and raise the prices.

16.) I have no way of knowing if the person who was here 3 shifts ago shorted you $8.00 in your change. No I am not going to give it to you and take it up with them later.

17.) Sorry we don't make change for the laundry mat down the street (unless your a 20-something female with a great body)

18.) Yes drunk woman, your boobies are nice. No I'm not giving you free cigarettes/beer/gas if you show them to me.

19.) No we don't sell single cigars, You can buy a pack but if I see you in my parking lot dumping the tobacco and rolling a "fattie" I am going to call the cops.

20.) I've got you, your car, and your license plate on video/audio recording. Don't tell me to Go "F" myself. Don't threaten me, Don't cause a commotion. I will call the police.

21.) No I cannot pop the lock on your car. I can call the police and ask them to come do it, but that's a Low priority. Expect a 30-60 minute wait.

21A.) If you're waiting for the police, I don't care if you want to chat when I am not busy. Sports, Politics are ok, but I don't need to know what your doctor told you about your (goiter, hemmerhoids, prostate) medical condition.

22.) No you can't hang out in the station while you wait for a (ride, bus, pot delivery)

23.) The sign on the door says "Only 2 Students allowed in the store at a time" Not 3, not 4, not 17.

24.) No I am not the person who hires people. No I won't be a reference for you/put in a good word for you, I don't even know you. "The sign on the door say long haired hippies need not apply."

OK Rant over I came in here to say I hate people who use graded terms (PSA/GAI/BGS) in their titles on ebay for raw cards or BCCG, USA, other bottom tier compaines cards they are selling. I am only looking for BGS graded cards only. I don't care if you think it will cross over to a BGS 10. Don't use BGS/BVG to descrbe a PSA graded card.

I saw the few Gas Station things in here and I got started like a freight train and couldn't stop.