View Single Post
Old 02-26-2009, 08:57 AM
Administrator

Default OT: My Ebay Account Was Hijacked

Posted By: Scott Daloisio

This happened to me a few times over the years. Whenever this happens to you, you want to contact "Live Help." If you are waiting for the E-mail with a new password, most of the time your hair will turn gray (or grayer or bald) before you get it. Once you get "Live Help," and verify who you are, you can ask them to phone you. They will issue you a new password. Whole process normally takes a half hour or less.

Three things to prevent account theft on eBay.

1. Never, ever type in your password. Save it in a offline file and cut and paste it when you sign in. Same with your user name.

2. If you have a PayPal account, get a PayPal Security Key. If I remember correctly it only costs $5.00 and can be used on your eBay account as well. Only drawback is if you have it turned on and use snipe bids, it will block snipe bids. If you want to snipe bid and your are off line, just turn the security key off.

3. If you have a question from eBay in your regular E-mail box, never sign in using the link provided. Go to your "My eBay" account and answer the question from there.