View Single Post
Old 03-08-2009, 02:23 PM
Administrator

Default Recent Hunt Auction results

Posted By: James Gallo

I went late yesterday and sat for a bit waiting for the lot I wanted. It seemed like almost everything went for under the estimate and from the cards I saw they went cheap. A e90 MAtty SGC 30 went for $400 pre juice. Very reasonable.

There was maybe 30 ish people in the room and always a couple of phone bidders, but no energy in the room, more like a group of old guys just sitting around. The auction was a bit slow as well, but once the desk and the phone were done any floor bidder basically would have one a lot without any problems.

I won the polo ground set for a more reasonable price then others have sold for in the past and was happy (I am selling most of the set in the BST happy.gif

I almost bid on a few games used bats at the $200, I really wanted teh Gary Carter, but since I didn't look at it and it didn't have a mears LOA I let it go.

What is this about them bidding for the consingors? From how I read it in the catalog if something has a reserve they will bid up to that reserve just like it was a bid. There were a few items that had no bid and started at $50. I would only there for a few hours and this is what I saw while there.

The girls working the table and the guys showing stuff were great and both got me a number and cashed me out quickly.

James G

Looking for 1915 Cracker Jacks and 1909-11 American Caramel E90-1.