View Single Post
Old 03-29-2009, 01:27 PM
Administrator

Default Toured Beckett and met our leader Leon

Posted By: davidcycleback

I only met with the grading section and I don't believe the chat boards is governed by that section-- it probably falls under publishing.

I'd read the chat boards sometimes, and I too was surprised it was taken down. There was a lot of the typical rabble rousing and chat board idiots, but also legitimate discussions of cards and benign water cooler discussions of the day's games. I did bring up the new site format, and was told the old boards were removed as they provided no income to the company, especially considering the cost and time required to maintain and oversee them, and they felt too many posters were people who didn't use the company's services used the chatboard to criticize them. After all, Beckett is a for profit company focused on promoting its brand name, and they didn't feel it was their obligation or in their interest to subsidize that on their dime. There are still chat boards on the website, but in different format. I appreciate both your point and theirs.

PSA, of course, has a big chat board, but PSA edits it, removing whole threads and banning posters and subjects. Perhaps a different way of achieving the same ends.