View Single Post
Old 06-07-2007, 07:40 AM
Administrator

Default SOLD - 1923-24 Tomas Gutierrez Album w/Oscar Charleston, Pop Lloyd + 3 HOF'ers

Posted By: Phil Garry

Good Morning, Collectors:

I am now asking $4,000 on a REALLY COOL and VERY SCARCE 1923-24 Tomas Gutierrez Puerto Rican Winter League Baseball Card Album. This beautiful piece contains the identical player pictures that appear on each of the 1923-24 Tomas Gutierrez card set which includes Negro League Hall of Famers - Oscar Charleston, Pop Lloyd, Cristobal Torriente, Jose Mendez and Andy Cooper along with other baseball greats such as Oliver Marcelle, Alejandro Oms, "Heavy" Johnson & Adolfo Luque along with many, many others. Please view the scans below for a complete list of players. (No cards are included with the album)

As for the album's condition, the front of the album has the Tomas Gutierrez name which is difficult to read but is visible if you look closely. The front and back covers of the album along with the outside binding are all intact and the album pages picturing the Winter League Players are mainly loose with a couple still being connected. As you can see from the scans, the player's pictures along with their respective album pages are in very nice condition with beautiful images of Oscar Charleston, Pop Lloyd, Cristobal Torriente, Jose Mendez and Andy Cooper.

Imagine what a complete set of these actual cards would be worth!!! Well, with this one purchase you can own every image pictured in the RARE 1923-24 Tomas Gutierrez Puerto Rican League Set including Hall of Famers - Charleston, Lloyd, Torriente, Mendez & Cooper. From what I have heard in the hobby, there are maybe 8 - 10 of these albums in existance and it may be a long, long time before another one becomes available on the market.

If interested, please e-mail me at vguerrerobb@yahoo.com.