View Single Post
Old 08-26-2007, 04:02 PM
Administrator

Default 1967 High Number Sheets

Posted By: Rich Klein

Occassionally I would run into a group of Mike Shannon's; albeit almost never in nice shape. I once had more Shannon's than anyone else I knew.

To me, there is little doubt that some of the high numbers are just much much easier than others. Players such as Vada Pinson were always very easy. The Rod Carew RC was easy at 75 cents at some of the NY City shows I went to in the late 70's. I always wonder if I had really gone after these cards instead of collecting, what would have happenned.

Some of this was due to where I was collecting/dealing but the Shaw/Sutherland card was always a bear to get. Sandy Alomar #561 was also a tough one to get.

Somehow I think the multiple prints for the really easy card may be the best way to go. I think BHN did an article on this set or a blurb based on advertistments Bruce Oran used to run.

I love this set so any discussion is a cool one to me. I also remember, that the semi-hi cards never made it to St. Louis and when I set up at the 84 National with my inventory; I sold out of ALL my semi-his to a dealer within five minutes of dealer to dealer set-up.

Regards
Rich