View Single Post
Old 10-08-2007, 07:46 PM
Administrator

Default The Last Great Post-War set

Posted By: MikeU

"'72 might be revered one day as well, due to it's design that is so indicative of the era- much like '34-36 Diamond Stars are indicative of the '30's art deco movement."

I agree. Far in the future, 1975 Topps may also be viewed as something very idicative of the "Wild" 70's. That is already a very popular set, the future view could even help more.

Otherwise, some other choices that have not been mentioned:

1984 Fleer Update (The 80's were my decade. The (2) must have sets were 84 Donruss and 84 Fleer Update)
1993 Finest
1993/1994 SP

I collected new product from 1980-1992. It became too much after 1992. However, Topps Heritage and Allen & Ginter have taken a lot of my money. For anyone that has not purchased new product in years, I highly recommend these. I have immensly enjoyed purchasing these, after a long drought, and I do not think I am alone. Hopefully the glut of "Throwback" products does not kill the attractiveness of these sets and their popularity grows and continues for many years.

One set that I think is very underated and is one of the most beautifull sets every made: 1991 Stadium Club.