View Single Post
Old 12-14-2007, 09:06 PM
Administrator

Default for those of you that wore the "tools of ignorance" from L.L.. on up, the 1964 set.

Posted By: marty quinn

for all of you that caught from little leauge and up....i present the wonderful 1964 topps set...topps did a great job that year representing the player behind the dish!! give the topps photographer his "props" for making just about all of them in the set take a "squat", .....being a former catcher myself i can apprerciate, oh the knee's..........the angel's even had 2 backstop's on one card...very cool.....now for the ironic.....the best of the whole bunch is holding a bat over his shoulder.....go figure.....you only get one guess at who it is....:hint:-"when you come to a fork in the road take it".

the 64 set is tide for my 60's favorite along with the 1967 set. great card stock and the borders stay white for the most part, topps did a good job trying to match the color of the team's uniform with the team name on top and the strip on the bottom with the player's name and pos. all of the dodger's cards are a pleasure to look at.........my favorite card in the whole set is non other than ...smoky burgess..(pictured)...and a close second the sandy koufax.....i had a great time putting this set together.

key cards of the set- of course mantle, also a second year rose, and the usual h.o.f. bunch from the 60's..
no real tough cards, but there is a hi # run like most last series cards of topps that will run ya more.
the backs are light orange with good stats and very clear.

any former catcher's that now collect??? please take a look at this great set with great card's of catcher's.

edited to add: it does say mangr. on yogi's card, but i hope many will get the point. was yogi player mngr that year???