View Single Post
Old 05-06-2008, 06:35 AM
Administrator

Default Post war Mastro/REA/Heritage pickups?

Posted By: Ted Zanidakis

ANTHONY

I have never seen any uncut sheets (or panels) of these PCL cards. As you know, the age old story is that they were only issued as such.
Well, Mark Macrae and I have searched for them for at least 30 years and there has not even been a hint of them. Nevertheless, we know
they were out there as we have seen many hand-cut cards over the years. Perhaps, all the original sheets were cut up into individual cards.

But, I can vouch for the fact that these PCL cards were issued in packs and that is why many of these PCL cards have surfaced in ExMt to
near Mint condition.

I still need 4 more Factory-cut cards to have all the 36 cards in my PCL set in Ex (or better) condition.

Anthony, if you recall from the VCBC article, PCL's were available in the Summer of '49 in waxpacks. And shown here are two 1949 wrappers.
The one on the right is the regular 5-cent one. But, the one on the left remains a mystery. I have a feeling that the packaged PCL cards dis-
tributed on the West coast could have been associated with this wrapper ?

Really folks.....I hope there is some one out there that can identify this mysterious 1949 Bowman wrapper ? ?

TED Z