View Single Post
Old 07-23-2008, 11:51 PM
Administrator

Default 1947 Bond bread.....Robinson..

Posted By: Josh

That particular Robinson Bond card is one of the rarer ones. It is the "Running To Catch Ball" pose. I do have one, it is a PSA 6, and I would have to be blown away by any offer to sell it. That one on eBay is the only other example of this card I've ever seen, even in the partial sets that have been offered through a couple big houses, and it is pretty tattered, and it still went cheap.

I also have a couple others of the slightly less difficult "Sliding Into Second" version... I believe one is a PSA 3, the other copy I own is ungraded but would likely be a 2 (remembering what it looked like off the top of my head).

I suspect the card that seems like the most common, the portrait with his autograph, is actually one of the more difficult cards as well. I believe that card has been counterfeited by someone who really knew what they were doing. I have examined several examples of that card with a 10x loupe and none have looked authentic. I think that it is not very difficult to tell since they were one of the last issues to utilize photoengraving printing before it fell out of favor to half-tone printing, and even expert level forgeries have trouble duplicate photoengraving.