View Single Post
Old 10-13-2008, 08:17 PM
Administrator

Default 1951/1952 Bowmans

Posted By: David McDonald

David: Here are my '50 and '51 Bowman sets. Don't have the '52 set. I bought the 1950 set intact from one of the auction houses several years ago. Whoever put this notebook together did a painstaking job of mounting each sleeve and made a nice title page with an old wrapper. Even the letters were cut from a stencil. Only drawback to this arrangement is that one cannot see the back of a card without removing it, and since there is no name on the front it is not immediately apparent who the ballplayer is. I know that there are sheets with pockets that will specifically fit 1950 Bowmans. I have the football set for that year, too, in the correct pockets. (I was born in 1950 so I have a thing for cards from that year). However, no way am I going to undo the beautiful book the previous owner created.
The 1951 set is in an MJ Roop binder. Each card is in a penny sleeve in a standard nine-pocket Ultra-Pro sheet. The cards don't float around much, if at all, and it presents well enough to suit me.

Um. Wow. Vintage cards, scantily-clad Dutch people, uku-zillion penguins, authentic Polynesian maidens, spam musubi and more at . .
http://ImageEvent.com/kawika_o_ka_pakipika
Password=aloha