View Single Post
Old 03-06-2009, 03:09 PM
Administrator

Default 1976 Hostess question

Posted By: Mark

Thanks for the additional feedback on the Hostess set, and for posting a scan of the ' square panel' I know that those were marketed , minimally, in the greater New England area, as I recall on the cupcake boxes. I've never found anyone in Northern or Southern California that purchased the 'square panels' in the grocery stores, or day-old bakeries. Larry Moe's experience (in Seattle) is almost similar to mine in Northern California . It could be that the entire series was far more regional than we actually know. I remember getting the Hostess Albums at our local day-old Hostess store, and many collectors that I dealt with at the time (& over the last 30 years) do not recall ever seeing those in their markets. Do others have 'full boxes' of brown printed Hostess to verify if they were from "Ding Dong" boxes only, or from other Hostess products. Again my experiences are from collecting these on the West Coast primarily. It wouldn't surprise me if others from various regions of the country have different experiences.