View Single Post
Old 11-14-2008, 04:31 PM
Administrator

Default RIPPED OFF BY BRICOL SPORTS AUCTION

Posted By: Mark Steinberg

It sounds like you must have consigned a lot of autographed and/or game-used items, and racked up a ton of authentication fees from Spence and/or Lampson. Bricol should have specified these costs to you, as their consignors are expected to pay these.

I also assume Bricol hit you for a 15% consignors commission (which also should have been explained to you, but is standard within the Industry). If you had a number of unsold lots and/or renegging bidders, that should have all been documented on the statement that accompanies every consignment check. I have received a statement for every auction they've run in the last 5 years, and each statement and resulting payment has been crystal clear.

Hard to believe they would be so clear/concise with some consignors and so sloppy with others. Bricol must have a cash-flow issue, as I know they are always scrambling for consignments. They have been around a long time, but may not survive much longer if their consignors are unhappy, and feel they've been reamed like you. Plus, there were TONS of unsold lots in their auction that closed last night... Bad economy, bad auction, or perhaps a little of both?