View Single Post
Old 04-29-2009, 12:07 PM
Administrator

Default Miracles Do Happen- Look What The Yankees Just Did

Posted By: Dave

If I've spent the money it's theirs to do with however they please. I don't consider money spent as being mine after the fact. Look at the Marlins owner... he pockets the Luxury Tax money he receives from the rest of the league. So there are 2 sides to that story.

Right or wrong you have to recognize that the Yankees are a historically successful franchise... and their fan base stems in large part from it... and that without the guys you collect, they wouldn't be who they are today. Kind of ironic? The guys on your cardboard are probably the main reason they are who they are (Steinbrenners aside)

I don't agree with the way they run their business most of the time either... but I don't fault the players for the front office... for that I stick with the team... good or bad. I had a lot of good years in the early 90's going to those games while I was at Fordham and they weren't winning squat.

If anything it's just become tougher because of the guys and contracts they have done. But what are you gonna do? Gotta stay loyal.