View Single Post
Old 05-09-2009, 05:50 AM
Er1c Sh@rp.

Default Tuxedo (not cards afterall)

Sorry for the late response. I don't have the expertise that many on this board have, but I'm fairly certain they're not pasted because the black on the cards can be seen on the edges as if it runs through the entire stock. The individual curving on all cards would seem to suggest that they were not cut from the same box. That is not a lot of support to suggest they're cards though either, just an observation. I stacked them and they were all the same size, including the non-sports ones so they were cut well. Here's the kicker.........this is a dealer out of Cooperstown where the previous thread stated the cards to have been from so I'd say these are the same card discussed on this board and the asking price is still $50K. Too bad because they're cool. The seller is a friend and I've always had honest and good dealings with him and don't believe he's attempting to pass them off as something they're not, but maybe just too hopeful. There was one argument he posed that one of the six HOFers had a different pose on the "card" than the advertisement. Bottom line is you'd have to see for yourself.

I think they look a whole lot like a card because the back advertisement for Tuxedo on them would suggest it was not cut from an advertisement piece, unless the advertisement was intended to be cut. Then the question becomes does that make them a "card" or not.

Should I discuss this thread with him? I don't want his reputation at risk seeing as he has them for sale.

Last edited by Tao_Moko; 05-09-2009 at 09:53 AM. Reason: update information