View Single Post
Old 05-20-2009, 01:13 PM
David Poses

Default Cards/Sets you never thought you'd like and now you love

I always thought the T204 Ramlys were kind of goofy. I realize that a lot of people disagree, but something about the ornate gold stuff and the head shots made it hard for me to connect the manly sport of baseball to them- The Real Housewives of New Jersey, perhaps. In my "I'd like to assemble every Yankee card from every set I like from the dawn of time through 1957ish," the Ramlys, were several notches above the 1955 Bowmans, which are at the bottom.

Because I don't attend too many card shows and have no friends who collect (other than some of you guys, who I've never met in person). as much as I am into cards, there are a great many sets that I've never seen in person.

At the White Plains show over the weekend, I saw a Ramly Knight and snapped it up (for what I think was a reasonable price. I'd post a pic, but it's at SGC being crossed from GAI- i Hope).

It was love at first sight. I never thought I'd have one in my collection and now I want more.

Perhaps this is too much like the "cards that surprised you" thread a few weeks ago, but I thought it was an interesting question.

Any cards you thought you hated and now you can't get enough of them?