View Single Post
Old 06-03-2009, 05:03 PM
Joann

I can't believe that Criminal Chan is on here discussing cards and back rarity and Nodgrass variations. What?

I have a really good friend who is the most honest person alive. Unfortunately, his wife went into the ditch and embezzled almost $50K from her employer - she was somewhere in the Accounting dept. They paid restitution, she had a supervision process, and she never actually went to jail.

Unsurprisingly, she still can't get an accounting job even years later. Her husband, my friend, is mystified by this. He asks me "Joann, she has paid her debt. How long will she have to be punished for this?"

Forever. That's the answer. In the accounting world, someone that embezzled from a position as an accountant is pretty much out of the field forever, right? Didn't matter that she didn't go to jail. She is ostracized by her profession.

Same here for Criminal Chan. He deceived and stole from this community, and attempted to steal more. Not in vague unknown ways to numerous unknown people, but within this small community where people know each other and in a major auction that everybody enjoys watching.

I can't believe that he is here talking T206. And I can't believe that anyone is engaging him on the merits of his T206 arguments or the update status of his website. The more we discuss pack dates and back rarity with him, the more it dilutes what he did.

Just because the criminal system elected not to punish him doesn't mean that he should get similar treatment from the collecting community that he defrauded all these years. Give him the heave-ho. Refuse to speak to him about any T206 topic that he raises. We can't complain about the justice system giving him a free pass if we are willing to give him one too.

J

Last edited by jmk59; 06-03-2009 at 05:20 PM.