View Single Post
Old 06-04-2009, 11:17 PM

A lot of good points were made here as far as how to behave in regards to the person/s that are not directly involved in the decisions up above.

The word "business" was used and if you do simple math, don't you think back when, that if you kicked out this massive advertiser (partner?), that others who alienated you would remain and you could get back those pages? Get back those subscribers?

The figure that the one forum member was incorrect. I believe (IMO) Coach's did a 13-15 page advertisement once a month (X13), and I think smaller ads the other three months, as well as one page in Tuff Stuff, also owned by FW Publications. If you think about a full page at roughly $1,000. If you do the math, that's roughly $200,000 (not counting Tuff Stuff and the smaller ads) and I'm sure they get a nice discount. Let's say $100,000 and then look at the advertisers in the same field who are no where to be found in the magazine for the very reason that they don't want to share print space with them. Now you have to not only compete with Coach's Corners, but you also have to compete with the periodical whose sole goal is to help you get the word out on your business.

I saw an issue a few months ago and SCD has actually shrunk and it was 60 pages, instead of the normal 36-40 and Coach's was like 25 pages with a full page write up about the success of their last auction.

It's what has been talked about often. How a company handles itself. SCD ignores us, and we don't support it, nor would I support the auction. If we have issues with SGC, they come on board and want to make it right. That goes for several auction houses as well.

I found this on the collectors.com site. The forum thread suggests that Mr. O'Connell find a different form of employment.

http://forums.collectors.com/message...hreadid=723662

This is the first time I have been there, and this board is run and executes with so much more class.