View Single Post
Old 06-08-2009, 10:51 AM
Rich Klein

Default And to be fair to Mssrs Lemke; TS etc

That type of anonymous posting (especially in the Max Silberman thread) is the reason TS stopped allowing ANY comments.

Having said that

1) Having Coach's Corner in SCD is hurting their business; at least we can believe it is. It is possible for every Rob Lifson who pulled out and explained to people at F&W/Krause why; there are at least 10 people who just stop with SCD and say nothing; don't give a reason and don't worry about it. I believe I have read; that is the usual ratio of people who say something to people who don't. I believe that is even accurate for this board. My last six SCD's have been about 40 or fewer pages.

2) I believe Krause should have used a slightly different schematic for their comments in blogs. Users had to register AND in the case of the Silberman blog piece; it would have been totally allowable to say; any posts off the subject will be deleted. I believe in free speech; but I also believe in courtesy and those people who posted in that thread showed no courtesy.

3) Having worked for a similar operation to Krause in hobby pubs; etc. -- I do understand their dilemma and I guarantee you that Bob; TS; etc. have no say in the matter about whether to accept CC or other people such as them. They can say (and we don't know if they do) anything they want privately; but they sure can't say publicly if they agree with those who believe CC should be banned. That is just a corporate fact; and remember Chet Krause and his employees dont own KP anymore.

Regards
Rich

Edited to include the print run information on the SCD I received today

Last edited by Rich Klein; 06-17-2009 at 06:23 AM. Reason: New SCD came in yesterday