View Single Post
Old 07-08-2009, 10:20 PM
F.E. Maguire
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrysloate View Post
I've sold three Jordan and Co. in the last few years and all had good provenance. I can offer details if anyone cares.

And I wanted to add that like Jimmy, I went to the NYPL in 2005 to do some research before I sold my first two. I also saw the four he cited- two Sam Wrights, a Crossley, and a Hammond. I recall that the Crossley was an alternate pose to the one I had.

This is the back of the Harry Wright with Sam Wright CDV with the paper clip mark noted in this forum.

It is interesting to note that it does not have a traditional NYPL stamp. It is in fact, unstamped-not every item in the collection was stamped.

It's important to note that when you guys are looking at the designation "unidentified cricket player. (Jordan and Co.) 4 photographs of 4." That means that 4 different specimens are actually missing from the Spalding Collection.

The other ones you are referring to are accounted for in the inventory.

That being said and considering the staggering rarity of these CDV's, where are the 4 missing ones and what is the likelihood that Jordans on the market are stolen from NYPL? Where did the Jordans that have been sold come from? This isn't meant to be an accusation-it just needs to be asked. Mr. Sloate said he had some provenance info on these. I think it should be posted.