View Single Post
Old 07-08-2009, 10:38 PM
JeR@Me

Default The Ugly Side is coming out...

I never hold athletes in high esteem, and I certainly don't want to take a position on something I trully don't know the full circumstances of, but as with a lot of folks whether they are famous or not, we never know the private side of their lives until something tragic like this occurs. I won't pass judgement b/c for all we know McNair was a solid father, human being, etc. up until about 3 months ago... (Probably not, but none of us trully know) I know I have seen him at Vandy Football games with his family, and he has littered the landscape with his time, money, and good hearted community service for over a decade. Could it be possible his marriage was felling over the past year, he goes on a bender with a young lady as a mid-life ex-athlete crisis and pays dearly for it with his life ? His actions are dispicable, and he is no example for anyone, but he has done an enormous amount of good in Nashville. I would not speculate on what he has done for his family b/c only his wife, family can answer that one... I kind of want think that he was a novice at this whole cheat on his wife thing, made a terrible mistake, and it cost him. If I were going to speculate, I would take that angle... I think he had a good heart, became undisciplined, and paid the price. Tragic.