View Single Post
Old 07-16-2009, 04:27 PM
Brian McQueen
Administrator

Default New Poll - origin of t210 pink-bordered cards

Recently I asked for opinions on the possible origins of a t210 with pink borders that I had stumbled across in a larger group that I had purchased. People came up with some great suggestions which I'll list below in the poll. Since there were some good ideas but no consensus could be reached, I figured I'd put it to a vote. So basically, based on our discussion previously (link below) and to the best of your knowledge, why do t210s with pink borders exist?

http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=114024

1. The cards were bleached or some other chemical was used to alter the cards appearence after they had left the factory

2. The cards were sealed in wax by collectors in order to preserve them. The wax was eventually scraped off and it was discovered that instead of preserving the card, the wax caused the card to fade.

3. These are similar to the orange-bordered variant - the cards missed a color pass during the original print run

4. The gloss used to coat the surface of the cards was faulty which caused the cards to lose all their luster and fade over time.

5. Some dingbat left his cards out in the sun too long