View Single Post
Old 07-20-2009, 07:34 AM
Chris Stufflestreet

Frank, I have been reading about both World Wars since I was 8 years old and never lost the sense that there can always be another global conflict because of the simple fact that we are human beings and don't always understand the power we wield. As long as there are at least two people on this planet, there is the possibility of conflict.

Those who came home from France after fighting what they called "The Great War" in 1919 told enough horror stories about what went on "Over There" that they were sure nothing like that could ever happen again...and look what happened just 20 years later. It is similarly naive (or hubristic) to assume that it won't happen again. Especially when those who remember those lessons from personal experienceare beginning to die off from old age.

Switching gears and returning to the thread topic...what a neat newsletter. I never knew that PCB used a swastika in its corporate identity. And viewed through the prism from 80 years later, it looks odd but is nonetheless a piece of history. And I'm guessing that a lot of the PCB stuff with swastikas on it were quickly discarded and destroyed because of the later events of history; it's neat to see something from a time where the symbol had an entirely different meaning.