View Single Post
Old 07-28-2009, 07:33 AM
Bry.an Sylv.est3r

I am not sure if Babe's auto is in that photo or not. The seller is an elderly man. I mailed him a digital camera to take pictures of the ball. He took photos of the panels and sweet spot but they were so blurry I couldn't see anything in any of the other photos.

I will certainly have him provide better photos if he does intend to sell it. For now, hypothetically speaking, could you throw out a value of where you think an authentic Ruth ball in the above condition would sell for.

He just wants to know what he could get for it. If it is worth it, he will sell it. I probobly will point him to an auction house so they can take care of the authenticity aspect. If the money is not enough, he will hold on to it.

If the ball does turn out to be non-authentic, and based on his history I have no reason to believe it wouldn't be but I will keep an open mind, I certainly won't be the one to tell him. He has spent 60 years believing he owns an authentic Ruth signed ball and I won't be the person to tell a 94 year old man it isn't.

If I do get better photos I will certainly post them here.

Thanks again for your help. It is greatly appreciated.

Bryan