View Single Post
Old 08-06-2009, 10:18 AM
Lance G.

I don't believe not bidding is the correct approach, at least for me. A no-consignment list is more my style. As far as I know, they have yet to receive payment for an auction and fail to deliver the winnings. Shilled auctions are a tough pill to swallow, but we all had to pull the trigger on our "Max Bid" entries. Yeah, if and when it is proven, those of us who won items at our max will feel a little more slighted than we do now. But, consider the people who advanced their items to Legendary, such as Matt above, who can't do anything but watch and pray for the best. I don't know if I can say I would be able to not bid on something I need at a tremendous steal just because I joined a list. I feel many of you will encounter the same situation. How many of you who have stated not to bid will still brouse the auction? How many of you can honestly say you wouldn't buy a sought after item at 60%, 50%, or less of known value? If you all can do what you say, you are strong hearted people. I think Tbob said it best in another thread, "Who could pass it up at that price..." or something to that nature.

So, I will not join or say I will join a no-bid list. But, I will swear on my life never to consign anything to Legendary. This is the list I know I can stay on without falter.

Lance