View Single Post
Old 08-12-2009, 01:11 PM
Rich Klein

Default Mark, it was good seeing you too

Quote:
Originally Posted by oaks1912 View Post
Rich,.....It's ironic how timely this post is. On my recent cross country trip, I visited with Bill McAvoy in Omaha, who shared the same story with me about Jim Jones, the player featured in the 1952/53 Globe Printing Sioux City Soos set. I had never heard that story and it intrigued me for the daylong drive from Omaha to Chicago. While in Chicago, I visited with a longtime minor league researcher, who brought up the file on Jim Jones. They are absolutely, positively, two different people. If someone overcharged you for that card based on it being the People's Temple Jones, and you need me to put it into print, I'll happily oblige... And , it was very nice visiting with you in Cleveland...
and no I did not buy that card; I was just fascinated by the story -- I'll talk to John at next year's National and we'll ferret out where he got the story about the Jim Jones being the same. So, no loss to my pocketbook AND we solved a hobby mystery (even if it is a "modern-day" one). Now that's what I consider a good day.

Rich