View Single Post
Old 08-12-2009, 05:08 PM
Jason Berry

Hello I am the fellow that has been called out on this thread and I will attempt to tell my side of the story without turning this thread into a flame fest.

I spoke on the phone with Andrew regarding some T205's and he gave me a list of ones he wanted and told me to give my best price.

The price I gave him was not T205.org if you look at my bst thread my "guideline" price is actually T205.org. I keep records of every T205 I've bought and what I paid and I used that as my asking price. (I'm not losing or making money)

Andrew did not agree with the price. He uses VCP which is fine and came up with a different price using that. I opted to not sell at that price as I didn't want to take that loss. I have no qualms with his value assessment of mine or his cards.

He decided to get less cards and chose the ones he wanted and offered me a price. Which I agreed to and he paid me on Aug 10th.

I hoped to ship them that day but ended up shipping them Aug 11th. Andrew asked for and received the tracking number.

Now I'm Canadian. I live in Western Canada which is a long way from from many of the east coast and southern collectors. Canada Post is rather lackadaisical regarding their shipping. I sent it Priority Express which cost me 18.62 and they told me 9 days.

I let Andrew know that and got a short reply that gave me a sinking feeling and reminded me of a terrible transaction I had on the N54 hockey board (which was completed). Now that past transaction is not Andrew's fault or concern, but there were plenty similarities.

Customs can be awful and can hold up packages with little to no reason for long periods of time. Based on my interactions regarding this sale I made the call that it wasn't worth doing anymore. I refunded his money and accept the fallout I will receive because of it. I will say that I did not cancel this transaction because I received a better offer from anyone or any other reason then I have stated. The reason I was able to get the package back was that I went to the post depot and they hadn't picked up the package. I am well known amongst the staff and they returned the package to me.

I will happily tell my complete side of the story to the moderators (The stuff that doesn't concern the community) If my actions warrant a ban or removal of BST privileges then I will accept that.

To those that purchased cards from me. They have been delivered and I will endeavour to do my best to insure they are a pleasant transaction. I have not had one of my packages fail to arrive. (Though sometimes they're slooow) and I will refund anyone who doesn't receive something from me. I'm not out to rip any one off or "pull one over" on the N54 community. I apologize to Andrew and understand his anger over this. However, I will stand by my refund.

Jason