View Single Post
Old 08-14-2009, 09:28 AM
Brian McQueen
Administrator

I find it humorous that someone who comes on the board all worked up about the use of “defamatory information”, does so in a manner which is, uh, well defamatory. That little hypocrisy removed any credibility that Jamie’s argument might have had in my opinion. In fact, I sort of found it childish. “Shamu, the whale”…really? That is the best you can do? I suppose I can live with being referred to as a “d**k” although referring to me as a fat, old guy is, while mildly humorous, a little inaccurate to say the least. Jeez…do some research next time, please.

I will say though that personal attacks are not allowed on the board and this is in the rules. The same can be said for profanity. You might want to take a gander at those before posting any further. Also, do consider this the one and only warning I will give you. Any more personal attacks out of you and you will have your own suspension/banishment to deal with so you won’t have to worry about Brandon’s so much.

As far as who I am…wow, this was another childish argument and one I won’t spend too much time covering. I’ve been a moderator for years, like Leon mentioned. I’ve met many in person at the National, been involved in numerous hobby-related projects outside the board, built websites for several board members and had hundreds upon hundreds of successful transactions on both Ebay and the board using my moniker of Shammus. In addition, I can also legitimately say that I designed the board as it is now and I along with a couple others built it. So, in other words, the pages that you visit and enjoy on this board were put together by yours truly. In this argument, your posts were especially ignorant and immature. The fact that a number of my friends have come to my defense already should tell you something. The next time you feel that you have a point to make, I would suggest you actually put in some research to back your point up so that you don’t come off so foolish looking.

As far as Brandon is concerned, I’ve already made note several times that I’m sorry to see him go. We don’t like having to reprimand people. Like Leon and I have previously stated, this wasn’t a one-time thing and has happened many times with us intervening many times. At this point, with all the complaints we had received, we had no choice but to take the next level. Why post about it on a public forum? Simple. This is not Ebay. We don’t have a feedback system and we don’t have a “blacklist” where we can list all the people that don’t follow through on transactions. Communicating through threads on the board is how we let all the other members know that all is not right. It is a courtesy that we provide to keep everybody informed. Sorry you don’t like it, but this is our policy and will continue to be so for the benefit of the community at large.

So, this has been a lengthy post to say the least and I’ll cut it off here. At this point, I’m just rehashing the same old stuff over and over anyway. Jamie, I’m sure you’ll feel like replying to this post and you’re free to post with your opinions, however I highly advise you do so in a more constructive manner this time around if you would like to still be a member of this community by day’s end.