View Single Post
Old 08-17-2009, 08:45 PM
Ted Zanidakis

Default Frank W....

Yes, several already have question that sample.....most feel that 13 red Cobb's with this "rare" back
does not jive.

Well, I have responded by telling them to consider these factors......

1....The red Cobb was Double-Printed in most cases and we are talking about a Piedmont back (which
was the American Tobacco Company's premier T-brand in the early 20th Century).

2....Furthermore, the Red Cobb was printed in the 350/460 series.....our surveys have shown that
the P460/42 back is more available on the cards in this series..

3....Finally, most of the Net54 collector population is a very sophisticated bunch of collectors that
seek out these rare T206 backs; therefore, I am not surprised by the greater than expected sample
of P460/42 inputs.

When I first saw the numbers being reported on the P460/42 backs, it did somewhat surprise me.
So, I very diligently followed up each of these reports to insure that each one was a unique input.

There was an interesting pattern to the incoming data of the P460/42 Cobb's. On the first day
there were 6 inputs. By the end of the first week there were a total of 10 inputs.
After 2 weeks there was a total of 12 inputs. Then it took 3 1/2 months to get the 13th (and final)
P460/42 input. So, the rate of inputs followed an exponential curve.

Frank....thanks for asking this question....I hope it helps to explain this paradox.

TED Z