View Single Post
Old 08-21-2009, 03:48 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default an opinion

Quote:
Originally Posted by V117collector View Post
I would like to hear some insight from new members as to why they might hesitate or reframe from starting new threads or replying to posts.

Is it because some new members might feel the fear of being ridiculed for expressing there views and/or asking questions about certain controversial issues? Is there a sense this board has more then a few regulators keeping legitimate new members from feeling welcome?

Would love to hear your thoughts!
Only about 1300 are real registered members. The others are program generated registrations that go into a banned folder. If I deleted them then they could re-register. I am not sure why anyone would write those programs to register but they do. It makes for a bit of work to weed them out. As for the 1300 or so real folks and only part of them participating I think Jeff hit the nail on the head. Also, many people just don't want to join in the fray. They would rather just lurk and that is their right also....I doubt it's because we have too many regulators. Actually, it could be the opposite from what I am hearing....regards