View Single Post
Old 08-21-2009, 11:05 PM
Dustan Hedlin

I've been mostly a lurker for oh, about 2 years now. I first found this forum about the same time I started gaining an interest in pre-war. I was a bit intimidated by the amount of knowledge here, and I knew I had no knowledge to add to any of the discussions. Because of this, I lurked.

Now, 2 years and 94 T206's later, I still don't feel like I have a ton of knowledge to add anything to most threads. I've gotten much more familiar with the T206's, I have a few Cubs cards from other sets, but for the most part I just enjoy reading and learning from the threads. The drama posts are entertaining to some degree, but I often find myself getting bored with them after a while and finding something that actually has to do with cards.

I think as I continue collecting the T206 set and keep getting familiar with the cards, I will post more and contribute more to threads. I knew nothing but modern cards up until 2 years ago....some of the vets on this board have been collecting vintage 20-30 years before I was born. (I'll be 28 in October) I'll get there eventually but I'm still having fun reading and learning.