View Single Post
Old 08-22-2009, 01:52 PM
Rob

Default Longtime lurker,rare poster

Rob Ray
51 YO;reside in Brooklyn, NY
Married ,no kids
Been working in television for 30 years.
Currently senior editor at a major cable network that is about to merge with another major cable network (not public news yet so I can't mention specifics).
Have done everything from editing to directing to voice-over announcing to character voices on TV and commercials. Now it's only commercial/program editing as I look towards retirement (hopefully not forced retirement,though) in the near future.
PLayed college baseball (Hofstra) on scholarship;injury put the kaibosh on that dream! Enjoy going to minor league games all over the country with my wife.
Mom's uncle was old-time Brooklyn pitcher Nap Rucker. Visiting him down south when I was a mere lad (he was elderly but still sprite) pushed my interest in baseball history and collecting.
Don't collect much of anything anymore;have focused mostly on selling my collection for the last 12 years (most of it is gone).I began with a collection of my dad's Goudey cards,and some leftover childhood Topps cards...way back in 70s. Upgraded almost every Topps set (54-80) over the years;sold most of them over time. Had some unopened tobacco packs a dozen years ago,too,wish I still had them. Along with since-sold collection of unopened
50s-70s baseball and non-sports material;all gone.
Love lurking here...it's like a veritable online candy store for vintage history buffs like myself. First site I flip to while "warming up" at work in the morning is this one right here. Love it. Love reading and envying what everyone owns and collects/sells here.