View Single Post
Old 08-22-2009, 04:30 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default I will help...

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianp-beme View Post
Like jrhatchjr earlier I have been collecting vintage many years (28 for me), and I only occasionally post. Here are my sorry reasons:

1. Time--consistently week after week being at work 60 hours cuts into hobby time.

2. Topics--heck, we all have our interests, and because of that I don't even read half of the threads...they are just not up my alley.

3. Controversy--I am one to shy away...no, cower from flaming topics. Usually it is that I just don't care about the topic. Quite often I don't even understand the subtleties of opposing arguments. Sometimes those subtleties seem to have been delivered via sledgehammer. Call me stupid, please, but don't expect flames from this keyboard.

4. Apathy--Even when I do post a hobby related thread, sometimes I am met with a big yawn. I recently posted a couple of threads on the E121 sets, and appreciated the response that was received, but it sure seems like more people could pipe up (perhaps they lack the time like me). In my opinion that is what this board should be about, helping other collectors share knowledge, whether it be something newly discovered or answering questions that other members have.

5. Cranial technological malnutrition--Man, today I wanted to post an unpublished article on the E91 sets I wrote (6 years ago!), but could not figure out how to get it posted. I refuse to retype it. If anyone out there wants to help out, I can mail a copy and through their wondrous powers perhaps they can post it on the site. I can provide scans of the E91's later (see point #1), but actually would be asking for members help to show scans of cards I list in the article from other sets. Teamwork, people!

Brian
Brian- please email me at leonl@flash.net. I will help as much as is needed....including doing all of the posting and uploading of scans etc....