View Single Post
Old 08-22-2009, 06:08 PM

Default Introduction

Hi, I am Kent Robinson, a small budget collector living in Colorado Springs for the past 8 years. I'm 55 years old, married for 31 years, with 2 grown kids, a graduate of the University of Iowa. I presently work for the USPS as a letter carrier after working for 20 years for a fulfillment company in Des Moines, Iowa.

I joined Net 54 probably 2 years ago and have used this site to educate myself on the hobby and also to read and enjoy the stories. I have only viewed until now, mainly because I don't have anything to say and, with a limited budget, most of the discussion is interesting but not relevant to me.

My collecting interests have really narrowed over the past 3 years due to my wife being laid off from her job and family health issues. I started collecting in the early 1990s as my oldest son started taking an interest in sports. I started with cards but after about 5 years started branching off into more oddball memorabilia, mainly books, board games and Des Moines, Iowa/Western League baseball memorabilia.

My collecting now is almost strictly limited to Western League, Iowa and Des Moines vintage baseball stuff, from the 1920s through the 1950s. ( I lived in Des Moines for almost 35 years, thus the interest in Des Moines)

I find this site fascinating and enjoy tremendously reading the posts.

Thanks to all involved!